The UK Gambling Commission is in charge of regulating the gambling and operation practices of all legit online casinos in the UK. In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at how the UK Gambling Commission works, and the steps they take to ensure sites are fair and players are safe from scams.
The UK Gambling Commission
As stated on the website for the UK Gambling Commission does the following:
“The Gambling Commission regulates arcades, betting, bingo, casinos, gaming machine providers, gambling software providers, lottery operators, external lottery managers and remote gambling (online and by phone) that use British-based equipment.”
The UK Gambling Commission is in charge of ensuring that all legal casinos that operate in the UK and helps guarantee that players using regulated sites are kept safe with fair games and compliance with laws and regulations. This is done by implementing the following:
- Licensing gambling businesses
- Licensing people who work in the gambling industry in specific roles
- Establishing Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice (LCCP)
- Carrying out compliance activities enforcing and prosecuting businesses and individuals who violate their license conditions
- Working closely with the gambling industry to raise standards
- Providing advice and guidance to players and the public being the leading authority on gambling
For a site to be recognized and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, such as our site, SpinGenie, it needs to be checked and tested regularly to ensure it promotes fair and responsible gaming.
Come and Play the Best Online Slots at Spin Genie
If you’re looking for a legit online casino to wager real money then look no further than Spin Genie. Here at SpinGenie, we have an epic selection of slot machines, plus other casino and table games too. And, of course, we’re fully licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, so you know you’re in safe hands. Sign up and play today!